Do you remember the first preaching in the series on “Fellowship”?
Here is a short summary:
What is Christans fellowship all about?
The Fall – Genisis 3:8-13 – Our relationships were broken. Were accusing God and eachother.
Redemption – Is only found in Christ, Jesus is the way. It is about being in Christ.
1. The Christian needs the other because of Christ
- 1 Thessalonians 2:13 God chose to spread the Gospel through people
- 1 Corinthians 12:13 Jesus restored our relationships – with God, with eachother, with nature
- 1 John 1:5-7 Want to be with Christ – have to want to be with the others in Christ
- John 17:21
- Hebrews 10:24-25 Our faith is strenghtened through fellowship
2. The Christian can only come to the other because of Christ
- Matthew 18:21-35 Christ is our model for forgiveness
- 1 John 2:1 We are all dependent on the same grace
- 1 Corinthians 4:3-5
- 1 John 4:19-21 To not forgive our brother, is to say that Christ’s sacrifice was not enough
3. In Christ, Christians are united for eternity
- No death in Christ
- Christ as mediator between us and God, and us and our brother